Personal Insurance

Home Insurance

We are able to offer competitive, comprehensive tailored cover to protect both the buildings of your house and your treasured contents inside, with many leading insurers.

Home buildings insurance protects the structure of your home, including outbuildings, drives and patios, and the amount you insure for reflects the amount it would cost to rebuild your home, which is not necessarily the same as its market value. Cover can be arranged on a Fire and Perils basis, protecting you against most major catastrophes, or on a full Accidental Damage basis, providing wider protection.

If you purchase your home with a mortgage, you may feel you have to purchase the mortgage lender’s insurance products. This is not the case. We can often provide similar cover at up to 30% less, and all our policies are from members of the Association of British Insurers, whose wordings are approved by all the major mortgage lenders.

Contents insurance can be arranged to protect your possessions against loss or damage, catastrophe and accidental damage, as you wish. You can also protect your belongings while they are with you, away from home, for example on holiday or at the golf club. Many major insurers offer policies that automatically provide a sum insured of £40,000 or £50,000 and base the premium on the number of bedrooms within your policy. This eliminates the need to calculate the value of your contents and prevents under-insurance problems.

Most insurers offer discounts if you combine Buildings and Contents cover on one policy.